Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Adding lemon to these pancakes is a great way to get your morning off with a zing!
- 1½ cups plus 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups evaporated milk (more if needed)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (more juice if lemon isn't very juicy)
- 2 tbsps butter, melted, plus more softened for serving
- 1½ tsps vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- Maple or pancake syrup, warmed, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the evaporated milk, lemon zest and juice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Stir in the melted butter. Splash in more evaporated milk if the mixture is overly thick. Stir in the blueberries.
Melt a little of the softened butter in the heated skillet. Drop the batter by 1/4 or 1/3 cup measures and fry the pancakes on both sides for a couple of minutes until golden.
Serve with more softened butter and warm syrup.
Per Serving: Calories: 450; Total Fat: 13.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 9 grams; Protein: 12 grams; Total carbohydrates: 68 grams; Sugar: 23 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 98 milligrams; Sodium: 621 milligrams