Thai Prawn Stir-Fry
Light and healthy prawns with all your favourite Thai flavours.
Recipe by:Food Network Kitchens
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp torn fresh mint leaves
- 75g torn fresh basil leaves
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno chilli, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium yellow pepper, seeded, cut in 2.5cm dice
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut in 2.5cm dice
- 450g large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp grated, peeled, fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Serving suggestion: Jasmine rice
1) In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, fish sauce, and sugar; set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and chilli flakes, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3) Add the prawns and stir-fry until pink but still translucent in the middle, about 2 minutes. Transfer the prawns to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon. Add the onion, pepper, and chilli to the skillet, and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
4) Return the prawns to the pan along with the soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil, and stir-fry until the sauce glazes the prawns, about 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes and stir until coated with sauce, about 15 seconds. Remove pan from the heat, stir in the basil, mint, and lime juice. Transfer to a serving dish, serve immediately.