Melon melba bowls
Recipe by:Rachael Ray
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp sugar
- A couple sprigs fresh mint, leaves finely chopped, optional
- 175g raspberries
- 2 small cantaloupes
- 550ml vanilla ice cream or lemon or raspberry sorbet
1) Slice the peaches and add to a medium bowl. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of lemon zest, a couple of tbsps lemon juice, and sugar. Let the peaches sit for 5 minutes, then gently stir in the mint, if using, and the berries.
2) Halve the cantaloupes and trim the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out the seeds and fill with ice cream or sorbet and the Melba topping.
3) Serve immediately.