Red lion flambe cherries jubilee
- 45g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 (430g) tin cherries in syrup
- 60ml freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp Kirsch liqueur
- 2 tbsp Triple Sec
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 60ml water
- 500ml vanilla ice cream
2) Bring to a simmer. Prop the pan to one side to ignite the evaporating alcohol, or remove the pan from the heat and ignite with a long kitchen match. Return to the heat and continue simmering for 4 to 5 minutes.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and water. Stir into the cherry mixture and continue cooking until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
4) Serve the cherry sauce warm over portions of vanilla ice cream.