Speedy Ice Cream Cake
- 2L tub soft serve vanilla ice-cream
- 30g pecans, roughly chopped
- 30g flaked almonds, toasted
- 30g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- For the topping
- 100g 60% cocoa dark chocolate
- 125ml cream
- 15g each chopped pistachio and flaked almonds, toasted
- 6 maraschino cherries with stalk to garnish
In a large bowl, mix the ice cream with the nuts and cherries. Transfer into cake silicon rubber mould, and smooth over the top.
Transfer to the freezer for 4 hours or overnight until needed.
For the ganache topping, break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
Once melted remove from heat and stir in the cream.
Leave to cool slightly.
To serve, remove the frozen ice-cream cake from freezer.
Invert on a serving platter and carefully peel off the silicon mould.
Smooth any imperfections with a spatula or palette knife.
Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and spread to cover leaving a thin rim around the edge to show the ice-cream cake underneath.
Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
Top with cherries serve immediately cutting into slices.