Curried Leek Chapatis
- 2 tbsp split channa dahl (yellow)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp nigella seed
- 3 leeks, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, sliced.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ a lemon squeezed for juice
- Serve with Chapatis and a dollop of yoghurt
1. In a dry pan on the hob, on a high heat, dry roast the mung lentils in frying pan for 1 minute, toss a few times.
2. Fry the nigella seeds until they fizz as that’s when you know they are done.
3. Add the leeks, fresh chili, turmeric, chilli powder, salt, sugar and lemon and cook until to soft, approx. 10 minutes.
4. Now add the cooked lentils to the leeks.
5. Serve the curried leeks wrapped up in a chapatti, dollop of yoghurt.
Recipe of Nisha Katona