Prawn and Pea Curry with Dill Rice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3/4 tin of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Colman’s English mustard
- 60ml water (to loosen the mustard)
- 325g cooked or raw prawns
- 150g frozen peas (optional)
- ½ juiced lemon
- For the Garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- ½ inch of ginger, shredded into fine fingers
- ½ red chilli
- For the Dill Rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 220g of basmati boiled rice
- 240ml of water
- ½ a bunch of fresh dill, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil and fry the nigella seeds
2. Add the green chilli, tomato, sugar and salt and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Then add the turmeric and chilli powder and cook out for 5 minutes
4. Add the mustard, a little water, prawns, the peas (optional) and the lemon juice and a pinch more salt, then simmer for a couple of minutes until the prawns are cooked.
5. Finish with coriander and ginger to garnish.
6. For the dill rice, fry the mustard seeds in oil, boil the rice and chop the dill. Mix together well.
7. Serve the curry with the rice and devour.
Recipe courtesy of Nisha Katona