Turnip lettuce wraps
A spicy Indian twist on a Chinese favourite by Spice Goddess, Bal Arneson.
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 35g chopped ginger
- 40g thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 15g dried curry leaves, crushed with hands
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 a turnip, peeled and grated on a box grater
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed
Serves: 12 wraps1) Pour the oil into a large skillet over a medium-high heat, add the ginger and onions and stir. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is soft and then add the spices, salt and pepper and toast for 10 seconds. Add the grated turnip and spring onions and stir, reducing the heat to medium-low. Cook for 30 seconds.
2) Clean the lettuce and separate the leaves. Put about 8 tbsp of the turnip mixture into a leaf, then wrap the lettuce around the mixture. Repeat until all the filling is used.