Bean Soup with Rice
Mix rice into this hearty bean soup for a filling meal.
- 790g fresh white beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small stick celery, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 bunch basil, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 small hot chilli
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 55g bacon, finely diced
- 450g ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 450g rice, cooked
2) Finely chop the onion, garlic, celery, basil, parsley, and small piece of red chili. Fry these gently in three tablespoons of oil, together with the bacon. When it has all turned a light golden color, add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and continue cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Put the mixture through a vegetable sieve and add the beans with their cooking water. Stir well and continue cooking for ten more minutes. Add rice. Serve hot or lukewarm without cheese.