Chicken, Pea and Goat's Cheese Risotto
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 350g Sainsbury's arborio risotto rice
- 1.75 litres chicken stock, made from 2 stock cubes, hot
- 400g frozen petit pois by Sainsbury's
- 300g cooked roast chicken, torn into strips
- 70g pack Gevrik goats' cheese by Sainsbury's, crumbled
- Few basil leaves
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft and translucent. Stir in the rice and mix until coated all over with the oil.
Add a ladleful of the hot stock, stirring continuously until it’s absorbed. Repeat until all but two ladles of stock remain – this should take about 25 minutes.
Add the last 2 ladles of stock along with the peas and cooked chicken. Stir to heat through. Scatter over the goats’ cheese and basil to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's