Fire up the grill and make this Pecorino and avocado burger.
- For the Tuscan Burger Mix
- 455g ground beef
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, picked and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- For the Toppings
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 burger buns
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
Preheat the barbeque to a medium-high heat.
For the Burgers:
In a large bowl, mix the beef, onion, parsley, Pecorino, and egg yolk and stir well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
Divide the mixture in 4 equal portions and shape your burgers.
Grill your burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, cook longer for desired degree of doneness, or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the burger reads 73°C for medium. Place the provolone cheese slices on top of the burgers the final minute of grilling.
Move the meat to a large platter to cool off slightly and rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly toast the burger buns.
Serve your burgers dressed with lettuce, avocado slices, and tomatoes.