Pork Chops alla Pizzaiola
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (2.5cm) bone-in pork loin center-cut cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (425g) tinned diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp dried red chilli flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2) Add the onion to the same skillet and saute over medium heat until crisp-tender, about four minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, herbes de Provence, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer until the flavors blend and the juices thicken slightly, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and more red pepper flakes. Return the pork cutlets and any accumulated juices from the plate to the skillet and turn the pork chops to coat with the sauce.
3) Place one pork cutlet on each plate. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.