This cheesy, gooey lasagne is laced with plenty of Tabasco<span class="trademark">®</span> Green Jalapeno Sauce.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
- For the filling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 no-boil lasagne noodles
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For sauce, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended and smooth. Gradually add chicken broth, milk, and Tabasco® Green Sauce. Cook until mixture thickens and boils, stirring frequently.
For filling, heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; add turkey and onion and cook until meat is browned, stirring frequently. Stir in Tabasco® Green Sauce and salt. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, and parsley.
Grease a 12x8-inch baking dish and spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom. Place 3 lasagne noodles in baking dish. Spread 1/3 of turkey mixture, 1/3 of ricotta cheese, 1/4 of mozzarella, and 1/4 of remaining sauce over noodles. Repeat layering two more times. Top with remaining 3 lasagne noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Cover lasagne with foil and bake in a 375°F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lasagna is hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.Recipe courtesy of Tabasco®