Broadway Diner: Broadway festival (seafood pasta)
- 350g linguini
- 4 (150g) lobster tails, each cut in half, shells on
- 250ml olive oil
- 300g large sea scallops
- 8 jumbo prawns, peeled and deveined
- 75g onion, diced
- 10g garlic, sliced
- 12 mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 12 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 120ml white wine
- 800g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 150g ripe tomatoes, diced
- 10g coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 5g freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 250ml chicken stock
- 175g calamari (tubes only), cut into rings
- 35g grated romano cheese
2) In a large frying pan over a medium-high heat saute the lobster tails in olive oil (3 minutes on each side) remove and set aside. Saute the scallops, 2 minutes on each side, remove and set aside. Saute the prawns (1 minute on each side) remove and place on the side.
3) In the same pan saute the onions, garlic, mussels and clams stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce for 1 minute. Remove and discard any shellfish that do not open.
4) Add the tin of tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, ground pepper, chicken stock and calamari and then transfer the rest of the cooked seafood and simmer for 4 minutes.
5) Add the linguini and grated cheese and toss the mixture well until the pasta is coated with sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.