The wonders of macaroni
- 3 tbsps rapeseed oil
- 100g cannolicchi pasta
- 60ml white wine
- 60ml seafood stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 60g dry porcini mushrooms, re-hydrated in hot water
- 20g shiitake mushrooms
- 15-30g unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, diced fine
- 240ml double cream
- 225g fontina cheese
- 225g tomme au march du jura cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lobster
- 50g mini spring greens
- 6 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2) Combine white wine, seafood stock and thyme, reducing in a medium saucepan. Remove thyme and set aside.
3) In medium saucepan, saute porcini and shiitake mushrooms in butter, until soft. Add shallots and cook until translucent, approximately 2 minutes. Add cream and reduce by half. Add the cheeses and cook until just melted. Combine with other sauce. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
4) Bring water to boil and add whole lobster for approximately 12 minutes. Then place in ice water to cool. Remove the lobster from the shell.
5) Add the pasta to sauce, toss to coat and plate. Warm lobster tail in oven and slice over top of pasta. To serve, top with mini spring greens and parsley.