Thai coco cocktail
- 65ml coconut rum
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemongrass syrup, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- Very thin slice lime or spear of a fresh lemongrass frond, for garnish
- For the fresh lemongrass syrup
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, coarsely chopped
- 500ml water
- 225g sugar
2) Strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime on the rim or the lemongrass spear in the drink. Serve.
Fresh lemongrass syrup:
1) Place the lemongrass, water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
2) Strain the mixture and cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to a week.