Easy Peasy Dhal with Rice
- 1 cup dried red lentils, washed
- 235ml or roughly enough water to just cover the lentils in your pan
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 fresh green chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Juice of ½ lemon
- To garnish; ½ red chilli, chopped ginger and handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Serve with a bowl of plain white basmati rice
1. In one pan add the lentils, water, tinned tomatoes and turmeric and boil until soft, approximately 20 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, heat the ghee, drop in the cumin seeds and fry until brown, add the green chilli.
3. Now add the fried spices into the Dhal and mix well.
4. Add salt, sugar, chilli powder and lemon to taste.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander, chilli and ginger.
6. Serve with a bowl of white basmati rice.
Recipe of Nisha Katona