Herbal Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 4 jasmine green tea bags
- Two 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size cubes
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds
- 8 slices fruit-n-nut or rye bread
- 1 cup packed mixed baby salad greens
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
Remove the tea bags and bring back to a rolling boil. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the chicken. Cover, reduce the heat to low and poach until fully cooked, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer the chicken to a small bowl to cool to room temperature.
Stir together the onions, mayonnaise, yoghurt, basil, tarragon, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in the cooled chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to combine.
Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Divide the chicken among 4 of the bread slices, and top with the almonds, salad greens and the remaining bread slices. Cut in half and serve.