Reuben mac n cheese
- 450g cavatappi, hollow corkscrew shaped pasta or, other short cut
- 2 slices rye bread
- 45g butter plus some for buttering toast
- A handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 480ml milk
- 80g spicy brown deli mustard
- 100g shredded Swiss cheese
- 100g shredded Gruyere
- 100g shredded yellow Cheddar
- 340g good quality deli corned beef, sliced as thick and bacon, chopped
- 450g sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
2) While pasta cooks, toast rye bread in toaster then butter hot bread. Coarsely chop bread and place in food processor. Add parsley and paprika to bread and process into bread crumbs, reserve.
3) Heat a sauce pot over medium heat. Add butter to pot and melt, whisk in plain flour 1 minute then milk. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, thicken sauce 5 to 6 minutes then stir in mustard. Melt 2/3 of the combined cheeses into the sauce.
4) Preheat grill.
5) Drain pasta and return to hot pot. Toss hot pasta with chopped meat and sauerkraut to combine, stir in cheese sauce and coat. Transfer mac n cheese to casserole and top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Brown under grill 3 to 4 minutes, serve.