Too-EZ Mac 'n Cheese
The name says it all and the kids will love it!
- 200g uncooked whole-wheat-blend rotini pasta
- 700g frozen broccoli or cauliflower florets in a low fat cheese sauce
- 3 wedges light spreadable Swiss cheese (recommended: The Laughing Cow)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Fresh parsley, for serving
In a large pot, prepare pasta according to the instructions on the package; drain well and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, place contents of the broccoli and sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until sauce has melted and broccoli is hot, 10 to 12 minutes.
Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Unwrap cheese wedges and add those as well.
Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the wedged cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and broccoli are coated in cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if using. Garnish with parsley, if using. Enjoy!
PER SERVING: 222 calories, 5.5g fat, 772mg sodium, 35g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 8.5g protein