- 10ml rapeseed oil
- 50g red onion, diced
- 150g red pepper, seeded and diced
- 150g drained, rinsed tinned black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp chilli pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 45g shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 (25cm) whole-wheat tortillas (burrito-size)
- 50ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 50ml salsa
- 125g tomato, seeded and diced
- 125g avocado, cubed
- Hot sauce
2) Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese. Spray the frying pan with cooking spray, and reheat the pan over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about three minutes.
3) Spread each tortilla with one tablespoon each of sour cream and salsa, then layer with a quarter of the black bean mixture, quarter of the scrambled eggs, some diced tomato and quarter of the avocado. Season, to taste, with hot sauce.
4) Roll up burrito-style and serve.
Calories 460; Total Fat 20 g; (Sat Fat 6 g, Mono Fat 4 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 23 g; Carb 51 g; Fiber 12 g; Cholesterol 235 mg; Sodium 860 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C,
Good source of: Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Potassium, Selenium