Cheesy Bacon and Tequila Dip
- 100g of Cheddar cheese, grated (reserve a couple of handfuls for garnish)
- 1 Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (435g) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced (reserve 1 tsp for garnish)
- 1 jar of Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños
- ½ tsp cumin
- 6-7 tbsp Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n’ Chunky Salsa
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips
Firstly, grab a small mixing bowl and give your grated cheese a Mexican twist by mixing it with the Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix (save a couple of handfuls of cheese for your garnish!)
Then, place the refried beans, tequila, garlic, onions, a handful of jalapeños (to taste), cheese, cumin and 6-7 tbsp salsa in a saucepan.
Cook over a medium heat until bubbly, this should take about 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, place your 4 slices of bacon into a hot pan with a dash of oil, and cook until crisp.
Remove bacon from the pan and chop into small cubes.
Stir in half of the crispy cooked bacon into your mix of refried beans and stir together.
Spoon into a serving dish, and sprinkle with tomatoes, remaining onions, cheese and bacon to garnish.
Dig in with some Old El Paso™ Original Nachips.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™