Fiesta Prawn Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- 350ml Old El Paso Cool Soured Cream Topping
- 1/3 medium cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 500g medium prawns, raw, shelled
- 1 Old El Paso Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 12 Old El Paso Crunchy Taco Shells
- 1 jar Old El Paso Thick ‘n’ Chunky Mild Salsa (or Hot if you’d prefer)
- 25g coriander, chopped
1. Heat oven to 180⁰C, gas mark 4.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the sour cream and cucumber.
3. In a small sized bowl, combine the chopped avocados and lime juice, and toss to give the avocados a nice coating – set aside.
4. In another medium sized bowl, combine the raw prawns and some taco seasoning mix; toss them together to give the prawns a good coating of the seasoning mix.
5. Place the taco shells open end down on a baking tray and heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat until hot. Add the prawns and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the prawns turn pink, stir frequently.
7. To serve, spoon the prawns into the warm taco shells and top each with your freshly made soured cream topping, chopped avocados, salsa and coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™