Pulled Pork Fajitas with Avocado and Onion Slaw
- 1 jar of Old El Paso Thick 'n' Chunky Mild Salsa (or Hot if you'd prefer)
- 100ml Mexican beer
- 500g pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 Old El Paso Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 Old El Paso Super Soft Flour Tortillas
1. Pre heat the oven to 140⁰C (120⁰C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 1. Line a medium size oven dish with foil and tip in the salsa and 100ml Mexican beer.
2. Rub the seasoning mix over the pork and put the pork in the oven dish. Slow cook the pork for 4 hours until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
3. Remove the slow cooked pork from the oven. Set 60ml of cooking liquid aside and throw the rest away.
4. Shred the pork with two forks.
5. Mix the shredded pork into the saved meat juices with the salsa, and taco seasoning mix in the slow cooker.
6. Take a medium bowl, and stir together the mayonnaise, vinegar and salt. Add the avocado and onion, and stir together.
7. Pierce the packaging on the soft flour tortillas and warm in the microwave for 35-45 seconds.
8. Place the pork on warm tortillas, topped with the freshly made avocado-onion slaw and chopped coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™