Spicy Bean and Avocado Tacos
- 12 Old El Paso Crunchy Taco Shells
- 1 can (435g) Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can (425g) Old El Paso Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jar Old El Paso Sliced Green Jalapeños
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat oven to 180⁰C, gas mark 4.
2. Place the taco shells open end down on a baking sheet and heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. In a medium sized pan heat the refried beans. Add the drained black beans and gently stir them through. Add the cherry tomatoes and cayenne pepper. Keep stirring until everything is heated through.
4. Fill the tacos with the bean mixture, add a couple of jalapeños and top with grated cheese.
5. Next, place back in the oven and grill again until all of the cheese has melted.
6. Lift the tacos onto plates and top with sliced avocado and a sprinkle of coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™