Bacon, Onion and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 750g beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips streaky bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 100g grated sharp Cheddar
- 4 baps
- Lettuce, tomato, pickles for garnish
1) In a bowl combine beef, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste, being careful not to over mix. Warm a skillet over medium heat and fry bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Keep heat on skillet and fry a pinch of the beef in the bacon fat to test seasoning. Adjust seasoning, if needed, then form 8 even thin patties, about 1/2-inch thick and set aside.
2) Saute onions in bacon fat in skillet until tender, 5 minutes. Place onions and bacon in a bowl with cheese. Form a spoonful of bacon-cheese mixture into a ball, then place in the center of 4 patties. Top each with another patty and seal the edges.
3) Griddle burgers over medium-high heat, flipping once until desired doneness is reached, approximately 4 minutes each side for medium. Serve in baps with garnishes. Alternative: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sear the burgers 4 minutes on each side.