- For the goulash
- 1kg lean beef mince
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 750ml water
- 800ml tinned tomato sauce
- 800g tinned diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsps Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 45ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 400g elbow macaroni, uncooked
- For the house seasoning
- 200g salt
- 50g black pepper
- 50g garlic powder
1) In a casserole dish, saute the minced beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Break up the meat while sauteing. Spoon off any grease.
2) Add the onions and garlic to the pot and saute until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water, along with the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, house seasoning and seasoned salt. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.
Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.