- 400g The Co-operative British beef steak mince 12% fat
- 250g carrots, peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 380ml beef stock (2 cubes)
- 650g frozen mashed potato, thawed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (optional)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Add the mince, onion, dried thyme and carrots to a big non-stick saucepan and dry fry them all until the mince is lovely and brown and cooked through.
3. Then add the beef stock, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce, if you fancy it.
4. Mix the cornflour with 20ml cold water and add it to the pan.
5. Pop the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the mince to an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato using a fork to fluff it up.
7. Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes or until it's golden brown.
8. Make sure your dinner is fully cooked and piping hot before serving it up.
Recipe courtesy of The co-operative food