Individual meat loaves
- 1 tbsp good olive oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 75ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1.25kg good quality minced beef
- 125g toasted breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 125ml tomato ketchup
2) Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and tomato puree. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl combine the minced beef, onion mixture, breadcrumbs and eggs. Mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meatloaf will be dense.
3) Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, shape each one into a small loaf and place on a baking tray. Spread about one tbsp of tomato ketchup on the top of each portion.
4) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the juices run clear when a sharp knife is inserted and the meat loaves are cooked through. Serve hot.