- 275g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 150ml (¼pt) milk
- 5tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 55g (3½oz) chopped pecan nuts (optional)
1. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan ovens) Gas Mark 5.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil, mashed bananas, vanilla and a dollop of the caramel. Then, mix this gently into the flour until just combined, don’t beat hard (if it looks lumpy its right!).
5. Gently swirl through the rest of the caramel until rippled.
6. Place muffin cases in the tin and spoon in the muffin mix. Top with the chopped nuts, if you like them. Bake for about 20 minutes, cool slightly then tuck in!
Tip: These muffins are scrumptious straight from the oven – perk them up the next day by microwaving for 10 seconds to warm the caramel.
Recipe courtesy of Carnation