Blue corn muffins
- 165g unsalted butter
- 60g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapenos, minced
- 75g grated mild Cheddar
- 85g cream cheese or fresh, mild goat cheese
- 140g plain flour
- 150g blue cornmeal, preferably stone-ground (may substitute yellow cornmeal)
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 24 (10cm) strips of fresh or dried corn husks
2) Grease the muffin tins.
3) Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer or food processor. Add the eggs, milk, jalapenos, and cheeses, mixing well after each addition. Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
4) Spoon the dry mixture into the batter about 1/3 at a time, again mixing well after each addition. Stir in the poppy seeds at the end.
5) Line each muffin tin with 2 criss-cross strips of corn husks. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.