- 150g Pure dairy free sunflower spread, at room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 250g blueberries, plus extra for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Beat the Pure dairy free sunflower spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale fluffy. Beat the egg in another bowl with the vanilla extract and then stir it into the sugar mixture. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and then fold through but don’t mix too much as this stage. Fold in the ground almonds.
2. Finally gently fold in the blueberries until evenly dispersed. Divide the muffin mixture among the paper cases, filling each one two-thirds full and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the muffin bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the middle should come out clean.
3. Leave to muffins to cool slightly in the tin before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely before arranging on a plate or cake stand, then decorate with some more blueberries. They are best on the day that they are made so there's no point in leaving them hanging around...