- 300g unbleached plain flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 115g unsalted butter, softened, plus more for preparing the muffin tin
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 145g granulated sugar, plus 1 tbsp for the top of the muffins
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 120ml whole milk
- 180g fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
2) In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric hand-held mixer in a large bowl, cream the butter, zest, and 145g of the sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
3) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
4) Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined.
5) Fold in the blueberries. Take care not to over mix the batter. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan on a rack. Serve warm.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved