- 450g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- 150g medium cornflour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 375ml whole milk
- 250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra-large eggs
2) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, cornflour, baking powder and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter and eggs. With the mixer on the lowest speed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended.
4) Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top. Bake for 30 minutes, until the tops are crisp and a toothpick comes out clean.
5) Allow the muffins to cool slightly and then remove them from the tin. Serve immediately.