In the box:
- Mushroom stock
- Hot smoked paprika
- Horseradish seasoning
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 300g fillet steak, cut into thin strips
- 150ml soured cream
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley (optional)
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
- 50ml milk
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Put the potatoes in a pan with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion and the hot smoked paprika on a medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft but not browned. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the pan and keep warm.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and stir-fry the fillet steak on a high heat for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
4. Return the onion mixture to the pan and pour in the soured cream and mushroom stock pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
5. Meanwhile, drain the potatoes and put through a potato ricer or mash thoroughly. Beat in the milk and horseradish potato seasoning.
6. Add the steak back to the onion mixture, stir to combine and heat gently for 1 minute.
7. Serve the stroganoff alongside the mash sprinkled with the parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com