Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury’s
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 250g pack closed cup chestnut mushrooms by Sainsbury’s, quartered
- 11/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 300g cooked roast chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g tin cream of chicken soup by Sainsbury's
- 375g lighter ready-rolled puff pastry by Sainsbury's
- 1 medium British free-range Woodland egg by Sainsbury's, lightly beaten
- 200g pack fine beans by Sainsbury's, steamed, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180°C, gas 5. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and leeks and cook gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the mushrooms, rosemary, roast chicken and the soup. Season with black pepper, then simmer for 5-10 minutes. Pour into a 1.5-litre pie dish.
Brush a little water along the edge of the pie dish. Unroll the pastry over the dish, trim off the excess and press to seal the edges.
Make a small slit in the centre; place on a baking tray and brush the top with beaten egg. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Serve with the beans.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's