Herb Mushroom and Tofu in Golden Silk Nets
- 220g tofu, finely diced
- 300g variety of mushrooms (Nokieno, Shittake, Fresh Wood Ears, King Oysters, White Shimeji)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 coriander roots, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- Handful coriander, chopped
- For the Silk Nets
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in the large flat bottom pan. Add the onions and cook until soft.
2. Add the garlic, coriander root and green chilli. Saute for about 1 minute.
3. Add the ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms, fish sauce, soy sauce and palm sugar, and then cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Next, add the tofu and stir through.
6. Once the tofu is incorporated, take off the heat and allow to cool.
7. When the mixture is cool, add the chopped coriander.
For the Silk Nets
1. Coat the bottom of non-stick pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil and then warm the pan up to a very low heat (enough so it's still warm enough to touch).
2. Pour the egg into the pan.
3. Using your fingers, make criss-cross shapes across the frying pan.
4. Cook until golden brown and take it out of the pan onto a chopping board.
5. Place the mushroom mixture into the middle of the nets and fold over into parcels.