Ma You Ji
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 inch fresh ginger root, finely sliced
- 3 Chinese mushrooms, pre-soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, sliced
- 450g free range chicken thighs, skin on, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- 50ml toasted sesame oil and 1 tbsp for the noodles
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Ground white pepper
- 2 spring onion, sliced in 7cm length chopped lengthways
- 100g dried very thin wheatflour noodles
- 1 spring onion, sliced for garnish
1. Heat a pan of water and bring to the boil. Add the thin wheat flour noodles and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes, then drain and run under cold water, then drain again.
2. Then drizzle with some toasted sesame oil to prevent them from sticking together.
3. Heat a wok over high heat and add the groundnut oil. When the wok is smoking, add the ginger, the Chinese mushrooms and stir fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Then add the chicken. Stir fry the chicken and brown for 1 minute and then add some shaoshing rice wine. Then add the chicken stock, the sesame oil, the light soy and all the seasonings including the spring onion.
4. Turn the heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the cooked noodles, season further to taste and then serve immediately with spring onion to garnish.