Mushroom and Herb Crostini
- 1 crusty French baguette, cut into 24 slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 cups button mushrooms (or a mushroom mix), sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Brush both sides of each baguette slice lightly with olive oil. Bake for 4 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the Gruyere evenly over the bread. Turn the oven to broil. Place the crostini back in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, white wine and tamari. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and the liquid has evaporated. Finish with a small pinch of sea salt.
4. Spoon the mushrooms out of the pan directly onto the crostini. Garnish with the chopped chives and flat-leaf parsley.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.