Porcini Mushrooms and Chestnut Stuffing
- 30g jar dried porcini mushrooms
- 175g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g melted butter
- 50g cooked, whole chestnuts, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 75g walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5,180-190°C, 350-375°F.
In a large bowl soak the mushrooms in 200ml boiling water for 15 minutes, drain and reserve 45ml/3tbsp of the mushroom liquid.. Roughly chop the mushrooms and return to the large bowl with the mushroom liquid.
Add the remaining stuffing ingredients to the bowl.
Using slightly damp hands shape the stuffing into 16 small balls. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray or shallow, lightly greased ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Serve with stuffing with roast beef or lamb.