Avocado and Red Bean Salad
- 2 bags of mixed salad leaves (wild rocket, baby spinach, mizuna, watercress leaves)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into long thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 400g can red kidney beans, liquid drained and rinsed
- 150g black pepper feta cheese, cubed
- 3 firm and ripe avocados, cubed
- 1/2 lemon
- For the dressing
- 125ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pour the salad leaves onto a large serving platter.
Top with the kidney beans, feta and avocado.
Fold the ribbons of cucumber into a concertina shape and tuck in amongst the other salad ingredients.
Squeeze some of the lemon juice into the avocado to prevent it from turning brown.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad just before serving.