Ceviche Tacos and Korean Slaw
Turn the heat up with a dash of Tabasco and chillies.
- 1kg of mackerel fillets cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 100ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 100ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 blanched, chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- Dash of Tabasco or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- For Korean slaw:
- ½ white cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 1 red chilli
- To serve:
- Yellow corn-tasting tacos
- Sour cream
- Pepper sauce
In a non-reactive casserole dish, either pyrex or ceramic, place the fish, onion, tomatoes, chilli, salt, tabasco, and oregano. Cover with lime and lemon juice. Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir, making sure more of the fish gets exposed to the acidic lime and lemon juices. Let sit for several hours, giving time for the flavours to blend.
For the slaw, slice the white cabbage into thin strips, along with the red onion, mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Place two tacos side by side and load up with filling.