Pear and pomegranate salad with Gorgonzola
Sweet fresh fruit and sharp creamy cheese make this a salad of contrasts.
- For the salad
- 240g baby spinach or cos lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, cut in half
- 60g pomegranate seeds
- 55g Gorgonzola
- Champagne vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20g honey
- For the champagne vinaigrette
- 60ml champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5g minced garlic
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1) Place the spinach or cos lettuce in a decorative serving bowl or platter. Cut the pear into fans, slice again on the diagonal, and add to the greens. Sprinkle in the pomegranate seeds.
2) Crumble the Gorgonzola onto the salad and then drizzle with about half the vinaigrette. Top with freshly ground black pepper and lightly drizzle the whole salad with the honey. Serve immediately.
For the champagne vinaigrette:
1) In a small bowl or glass jar, add all the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil to combine.
2) Refrigerate until ready to use.