Smoked Chicken Canapés with Parmigiano Reggiano Shavings
Smoky chicken on seasonal red chicory.
- 2 bulbs red chicory
- 30g chorizo, diced
- 100g smoked chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves, roughly chopped
- For the Caesar dressing:
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped anchovies
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 20g Parmigano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 25g Parmigano-Reggiano cheese, to serve
Serves: 20 canapés
1. First, make the dressing by whisking together the egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovies and garlic clove and gradually whisk in the olive oil to thicken the mixture. Add the grated Parmigano Reggiano cheese and gradually whisk in the double cream, followed by the mascarpone cheese. Season to taste.
2. Assemble the canapés by taking leaves of the chicory and filling with a little dressing, followed by a few cubes of chorizo and plenty of smoked chicken.
3. Drizzle a little with more dressing over each canapé and top with chopped basil leaves and shaved Parmigano Reggiano cheese before serving.
Cook’s tip: To save some time, try making the dressing in advance, remembering to keep it refrigerated.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano.