Chicken Pad Thai
- 3 tbsp Fairtrade groundnut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 RSPCA Assured eggs, beaten
- 300g fat rice noodles, cooked
- 300g cooked RSPCA Assured chicken, shredded
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 Fairtrade lime
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade muscovado sugar
- A dash of sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 150g beansprouts
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved and blanched
- 4 tbsp roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Coriander, to serve
- 1 spring onion, shredded, to serve
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic and red chilli and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 6 minutes. Pour in 3 beaten eggs and stir-fry until they look scrambled, lower the heat and add 300g cooked fat rice noodles.
Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice, muscovado sugar and sesame oil for the dressing.
Add the chopped spring onions, beansprouts and sugar snap peas to the wok. Toss for 3-4 minutes. When ready to serve add the dressing and served sprinkled with the peanuts, coriander and spring onion.
Recipe courtesy of RSPCA Assured