Mung Bean Salad
- 100 grams mung bean noodles, cooked in boiling water for 3 minutes, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, sliced
- Kai lan, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Carrots, sliced
- Bamboo shoots, sliced
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- Woodear mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Sea salt
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 2 tsp yellow bean paste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp clear rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp daikon, grated
1. In a bowl rehydrate the noodles in boiling water for three minutes, making sure there’s enough water to cover them. Drain and rinse the noodles.
2. Put a wok on the heat with 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Add the garlic, shallots, and shitake mushrooms and toss them together. Add the carrot, bamboo shoots, kai lan stalks and toss together. Add the kai lan leaves and the rest of the mushrooms and 3 tablespoons of water and toss together.
3. Cook the noodles for around 1-2 minutes, until it’s they are al dente and season with a pinch of salt. Put it into the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 1 hour.
4. In a bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients, and then add the noodles to the vegetables and pour over the dressing, mix it together and serve.