Spiced Duck with Chilli Cabbage and Miso Noodles
In the box:
- Duck 5 spice
- Chilli, ginger and soy paste
- Miso paste
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 small cabbage, trimmed and chopped finely
- 2 rings of fresh egg noodles
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Score the skin of both duck breasts with a sharp knife. Put the oven on at 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Place the breasts skin side down into a non-stick pan without oil at medium heat for 6 minutes or until the skin is brown. Pour off the fat regularly and seal the other side for 30 seconds. Brush all sides of the breasts with the duck 5 spice and place the breasts skin side up on a rack in a roasting tin in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes for medium, 18 minutes for well done.
2. In the same pan add enough oil to cover the base and bring to high heat. Add the shallots, the chilli, ginger and soy paste and the cabbage and stir-fry till the cabbage has wilted down to half its original size. Then add the miso paste and a few tablespoons of water to loosen up the sauce and stir through the mixture. After a minute add the egg noodles and make sure to coat all the noodles in the sauce. Your noodles are now ready to serve.
3. Take the duck out of the oven and allow to rest while you plate up your noodles. Then cut each breast into slices and place on top of the noodles.
Dig in while it’s hot!
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com