Chicken apple sausage frittata
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 225g chicken-apple sausage, removed from casing
- 110g red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp finely diced jalapeno
- 110g red pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 (23cm) flour tortillas
- 25g Jack cheese, shredded
- 25g Cheddar, shredded
- 110g tomatoes, diced
- 75g spring onions diced
2) In medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, paprika and salt and pepper. Add the chicken sausage and vegetable mixture and eggs together.
3) Heat a medium oven-safe saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tsp olive oil and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on each side; the mixture should be slightly firm and moist.
4) In the meantime, add the tortillas to the oven and toast for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown, then remove and keep warm.
5) Remove the frittata from the pan, place one tortilla on the bottom of the pan and spread with 1/2 of the cheese, place the cooked frittata on top, and top the frittata with the second tortilla. Top with the remaining cheese and place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
6) Remove from the oven and garnish with spring onions and tomatoes. Serve immediately.