Egg white omelette with cucumbers and smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced, with skin
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 large egg whites (about 350ml)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 85 or 115g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
2) Toss the cucumber, vinegar and 1 tbsp of the olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Warm a medium nonstick omelette pan over a medium-low heat. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy and doubled in volume; season with salt and pepper and whisk in the dill. Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the skillet. Pour the whites into the skillet and swirl to cover entire skillet. Cook, without stirring, until the whites are almost set and light brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
4) Place the pan under the grill and cook until the omelette sets and begins to brown, about 30 seconds.
5) Spoon half the cucumber salad onto half of the omelette and fold the omelette over the filling. Transfer the omelette to a serving platter and scatter the remaining cucumber salad on top. Serve with the smoked salmon on the side.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.