- For the omelettes
- 2 eggs
- 5g butter and a drop of oil, for frying
- Filling, your choice
- For the cheese omelette
- 30g grated Emmental (but any cheese should do)
- For the chilli omelette
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds
- For the green omelette
- 50g watercress or baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- For the ham omelette
- 50g chopped ham
Heat a crepe pan or heavy-bottomed frying pan with the butter and oil. Once the pan is hot, pour in the egg mixture swirling quickly to get an thin, even coating in the pan. Let the omelette cook for a couple of minutes over medium-high heat.
Lift the edge of the omelette with a spatula to check it is set and golden underneath; the top of the omelette should be just-about-set but still a little gooey.
To serve, slip the omelette out of the pan onto a plate and flip 1/2 of the omelette over the other, or fold in 3 like a business letter.